Last Saturday my mom & dad's work held a fundraiser golf tournament to raise money for Hospice, since they do so much for their residents. My mom asked me if I would take pictures of the festivities. So I agreed to do it even though I was nervous, nervous, nervous. I had only done that one time before, and it just so happened to be for my mom & one of their Red Hat parties. But that time I was late to the party, and it was inside somewhere, I'm completely shy when it comes to sticking my camera is strangers' faces...especially when I have comment after comment about how bright my flash is. And I didn't want to make anyone's pacemaker go haywire (as they are older ladies) so I didn't do much, and in my opinion it was a complete failure. My mother, being the wonderful woman she is still gave me some compensation and I was too embarrassed not to take it.
So Saturday I was armed with this nervousness and only 4 hours of sleep, I showed up not expecting much. If it weren't for the support from my family, and from my brother's girlfriend Leyna, I don't think I would have ever made it through. I actually had a pretty fun time! She helped me approach people and most of the golfers were more than willing to comply. Yea!
Here's some pics from the event...
2 comments:
I know how you feel. In yearbook last year, I had a hard time photographing public events like the prom and other dances. I did Kaylynn's senior pictures though, and they turned out good I think. :]
(the pics you took turned out great too)
Thanks llama head! Smooch!
Post a Comment