Meet my new friend...PUFFER!
If you couldn't tell...it's an attachment for my camera, to diffuse some of the light from the pop-up flash! Oh I was so excited to get this! This helps prevent my subjects from getting washed out. Example being: I went from this...
to THIS!
And yes those are my fingerprints. I wish I had some exciting and rebelloius story to go along with them...but I have only a semi-interesting story.
So the state posted a job openeing for a Latent Fingerprint Examiner Intern. The only thing I was missing to apply for the job was passing a fingerprint identification course. So I said "where do I sign up?!?!" Well I had to email the instuctor to find out how, this was on a Thursday. On Friday he responded stating there were only 4 people who had expressed interest in taking the course, so he wasn't sure when the next course was going to be held. But by early saturday morning he had the schedule all planned out...to be started one week from that day!
So that was 3 weeks ago...and I LOVE IT!! There's too much to the class to explain anything now cause it's terribly late...so I will expound later. But it was expensive, and we are deeper in debt for it, but I don't regret it one bit. Chris has been super supportive and was less hesitant for me to take the course than I was; which only furthers my resolve to do it. It's making me feel like my desire and yearning to become a forensic scientist might actually be attainable! And no - I'm not talking about becoming a cheesy actress like that on CSI. I'm talking about plop me down in a lab with a white lab coat, send me a piece of finger, and I'll analyze it, scrape it, get tissue samples, DNA...or whatever else you need! So stay tuned...
3 comments:
Wow Tiff that sounds like fun! Good for you. I also like the picture of Bentley he is so cute!
Iam so proud of you Tiff!
ooo! First of all, I LOVE your camera. Im not gonna lie, Im a little jealous. :D
Second, congrats! That's wayyyyy cool. Good luck!
Post a Comment