Bentley has always liked wearing shoes, and he was always so proud of himself that he could put his own shoes on. Inevitably, he is now proud of himself when he takes his shoes off (just in time to learn this for the cold weather! LOL). Whenever we take a ride in the car, we are never surprised when opening the door we find two little shoes and socks on the floor & little piggy toes hanging out in the air.
Last night I finally decided to try having him wear some slippers we got him for his birthday, thinking it was going to be a minimum of 30 seconds before he had them on the floor. Much to my surprise he's only taken them off once since. LOL. Here's one of em.
And as is to be expected to come with the TWOs are the words "NO" while shaking his head, and "Mine" when he doesn't want to share.
He continues to discover just how loud he can be because he cries and throws a fit over just about everything...literally. Most of the time it's funny cause he gets so hysterical...and it has to be funny otherwise I'll go nuts!
He likes to call Taylor "Tayter" which is the cutest thing in the world!
And his newest habit is....going to bed without mommy and daddy! This past Sunday Chris finally felt Bentley was old enough to move his crib into Taylor's room, now BOTH their rooms (Taylor was and still is so excited to be sharing a room with him! I give it 6 months before he feels differently!), and Bentley has done EXCELLENT going to sleep on his own. Most of the time he'll cry a little when I leave the room, but he really does stop after a minute. A few times he has called out "Mommy!" and sometimes I'll go in to ask him what he wants, but other times I'll poke an eye in there to see he's distracted & doesn't need me so I leave him be. I thought that he would stay up forever and ever, refusing to go to sleep since he's been alone most of the nights (Tayter's been at him mom's but he's gone to sleep very fast! I couldn't ask for a better toddler!
No comments:
Post a Comment