1.26.2009

So I made it through my first week of school! Oh man my head still hurts thinking about it!
I am only taking 1 class this semester...college algebra. Since it has been 3 years since I've been to school, I wanted to stick my toes in the water before treading.
With my class not ending until 9pm, I was a little worried about making it through the lecture...but MAN did I get lucky! The teacher is WONDERFUL! She is down to earth, very upbeat & loud (which is excellent for a night class), she explains principles in terms easily understood by the scholarly challenged, she assigns homework but won't grade it....perfect!
So I was completely stressed out to be thinking about going back to class, and hearing the cute little kids...I graduated last year...6 months ago...BLECH! That only made it worse! But after 2 days of class I'm feeling better. We've just reviewed some "basic" math concepts, which I was actually able to recall how to do most of it, and with a little study I've remembered the rest...I think... but I still got a headache from it all.
I am, just as the hubby said I would be, very grateful that I am going back to school. It's difficult being away from the family, especially 1 night that we have Taylor....I just hope that it's all going to be worth it in the long run.
I was reviewing my "major," the whole plan of it all...and things might be changing for me. Yes I still want to get into forensic science, but I may not have to go through the whole rigamaroll, the big-ol-fancy-schmancy degree, and just get a more generalized one. This might allow me to actually achieve it sometime this century...so we'll see!

No comments: