I have finally found something that I love to do, and even more remarkable - I have stuck with it! Throughout my whole life I have had many interests...scrapbooking, sports, calligraphy...and aside from the simple acts necessary for survival (eating, sleeping, walking...) I just didn't have the aptitude to stick with any of it. Until I got married, and my monster-in-law sucked me into quilting. I have wanted to learn how to quilt ever since I saw my great-grandmother's quilts...but just never had the drive to actually try it.
So a little over a year ago, having never used a sewing machine in my life, my monster-in-law helped me start this journey. The best thing about learning how to do this, is not only the thrill in LOVING it, but it is so absolutely satisfying that it is something I can share with those I love, with those who need a boost, or even to those I don't know.
I could go on & on about this...but it is late and I have a ton on my mind. So for your aesthetic pleasure I have added pictures to my flickr ...
3 comments:
Yay! I love my quilt! Especially when I'm at school...it reminds me of home, and you! :)
Oh, and that picture of me in your flickr account is a MESS. I'm a hot shiny mess in it. Let's retake that sometime! LOL :) (no, but really...)
Oh Crystal - you are such a goof! I love you!
Post a Comment