12.28.2008

Recap


I made the boys quilts. It came down to the wire. I finished Taylor's 2 days before Christmas, and Bentley's on Christmas Eve.

Taylor wants to be a military pilot:


And Bentley likes tough boy things:



I have never had a hobby I liked more than quilting. One of the best things about it, is that it is something I can do for other people.

Gma & Gpa came into town! It was so nice to see them.



And one of the funnest things ever was that we gave each other $1 gifts...and some of them were serious type gifts. Like this one:



Which is cute cause mom likes snowmen.

But there were others like this...



Now, to the untrained eye this does not seem like anything more than a harmless box of caramel corn. See, unfortunately nothing goes unpunished in our family. One time Tony had this great idea of making homemade caramel corn for our family dinner desert. Some of us were enjoying his tasty little treat, until we started noticing some hard stuff in the corn...some pieces were even rubbery. So someone says, "What is this Tony?" His response... (of course NOT verbatim) "Oh...well...the caramel corn got too hot and it kindof melted my spatula when I was mixing it. I was hoping no one would notice!" HA! HA! HA! So this particular gift actually turns out to be a "spatula-less" batch of caramel corn. We took all the hard work out of it for him! Wink! Wink! It was hilarious. We were all rolling!



And here's another example...



Yeah. I don't know that there's much of an explanation for this one.

And this little tow truck for Chris...



Serves as a reminder from Todd for the last time they went downtown, and Chris parked in a private lot, and after they were done biking around the town, they came back to the lot in time for Chris' van being towed. Ahhhh...memories!

All-in-all, I don't think we have ever had so much fun giving each other gifts. It was awesome.

One of the best gifts of all was having Taylor make the best realization of all. Without naming names, let's just say that he saw an example of someone being very ungrateful for their gift. After we left the establishment he made a comment to the effect that if he were that kid's parent he would have just taken the gift away from him because what he got was better than nothing at all. Wow. Our "lessons" do pay off! There's hope for him yet!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

You're awesome at quilting!!! :] Oh, and that is so cool about Taylor. Im glad that he can appreciate being grateful. Some adults cant even be grateful sometimes. :]

angiee said...

I agree it wasa BLAST! What a cute picture of Bentley!