8.30.2007

Slacker Land



Hello all. I just got back from slacker land. Boy is it fun living in denial and being covered in a blanket of procrastination! LOL.


My work blocked out access to this site and to flickr. I am so disappointed! I understand why they did it, I guess I should be working while at WORK....or something. Still, when things get slow I need to be entertained!


So this was a pretty big week for me. I got released from Young Womens. It was a sad relief. I had finally come to love being a part of the presidency and had become comfortable with my role as a leader; and as soon as I recognized that I just felt this coming. I love the Young Women to death but am relieved about the release from responsibility. I was also very sad because I have to work full time, and my job has had me working on Sunday's for the past year & 1/2, so without my weekly mutual activity I would now have little church exposure. However, I now have more time to spend with my family, and hopefully can now have the chance to work on some more personal & family goals. My husband says he gives me 2 weeks before they have me in another calling. I told him he was wrong, but he's hardly ever wrong...


Everything happens for a reason...so this week I also found out that my work was changing our schedule's around and anyone who was interested in attempting to get a new shift would get an opportunity...so I jumped at that. And guess what?!?! I get Sunday's off now!! This is going to be more expensive with more days Bentley is in daycare...but I get to go to church!! I am SOOOO excited. This also gives me a day off with my hubby & kids! We haven't had the same days off for a year & 1/2, and even though it's still not a day where we can go out and do anything that costs money or would break the Sabbath - but it's still a day off together. Oh man I can't wait till this starts (the end of September)!!


4 comments:

Shanna said...

Tiff, I am glad to know that you are still alive! I am gald things are going well.I know what you mean when you talk about the young womens. It's sometimes very challenging! I am glad you get more time with your family. thats the most important thing. I love hearing from all of you. It's nice to keep up with you and see pictures of your cute kids.

angiee said...

Yeaaaa I beat Sam on the comment!You are right Tiff sometimes we need the change even though it is hard. I agree with Chris the Lord will not let you sit for long when you go to church every Sunday again stay away from the Primary President!!!

This Girl said...

@Angie- I have taught you well grasshopper.

@Tiffany- It'll be nice to be able to go to church and just "be" for a couple of weeks. But we all know that it probably won't last long, so enjoy it while you can!

Whala Whala Bing Bang said...

@ mom (angie): the funny thing is that the primary president is my visiting teacher so it's hard to stay away from her! however - the current primary presidency is only a couple months old, so I'm not too worried about it.

@ shanna: I love seeing your blog too!! I have missed you all so much!