I no longer have any time. There was a talk in the most recent LDS General Conference that really made me stop and ponder. It was the 'Good, Better, Best' talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks. It basically talks about how there are good things to do with your time, better things to do with your time & the best things to do with your time. It really made me evaluate what I do with my time & honestly I think there are plenty of things that I do which are good, but I really need to work on making them best. Like spending time with my boys. We don't do bad things with them, we are good people, but there is so much more I could be doing with them that could really make our time together the best. Especially since the older one is only with us half the week. Our time together really needs to be the best. Usually when I read or hear these kind of talks it makes me focus on what I am doing wrong and what a "horrible" person I am; but this one really inspired me. Let's hope I can keep the inspiration alive.
So Bentley got his first toothbrush. He's so cute. He loves to chew on it. I am hoping that we can start getting him used to brushing his teeth so he can develop good dental habits.

Taylor had his last soccer game. He is such a natural. It was so much fun to watch him out there going for the ball, and taking it a little easy on the girls (wink wink). Most everyone was able to come out to the game which was THE BEST. It's so comforting to have support and encouragment from the family! Families are the best! So even though it was a non-competitive league, it was a GREAT way to start. This way he's learning about the skills and rules of the game, and not focusing so much on winning or losing. I hope it works out so we can have him play next year as well.

Poor Smokey! He had a bunch of mats that we couldn't prevent, so we decided to get him shaved. So He's all sleek and trim, and Charlie thinks it's the funniest thing in the world! For the first week he was home, anytime she'd see him she would bark & act like he was a stranger. Smokey was so humiliated. It was like we stole his manhood. But he sure looks handsome...in a big-noggin sort of way.
Autumn has been wonderful this year! I have wanted to capture it all...but haven't been able to. I've been able to get some shots in, but it seems like no still life can even come close to God's beautiful handywork. I missed being able to take goo pictures of the first snow of the season. The snow had melted & gotten really sad looking by the time I got out of church...so next time maybe I'll be more prepared.
Halloween was fun. Bentley's first! Taylor was Frankenstein, Bentley was a skeleton, Charlie was a witch (thanks to Bailey), Chris was himself (big surprise!) & I was a jelly fish. I never usually dress up for Halloween (cause it attracts too much attention) but this year @ work a $25 gift card was on the line - so I thought - why not?! Chris & I made the costume the night before out of a salad bowl, tissue paper & bubblewrap. Turns out I actually won "funniest costume" for our group. So much for avoiding too much attention. That night we trick-or-treated around a neighborhood for nearly an hour, then went & visited grandma's & grandpa's. It was lots of fun.

That's about all I have time for at the moment. This month is a month for refinement, so possibly I'll be able to make the best time management choices & will be able to keep in touch better!
2 comments:
I love that talk. I feel the same way you do. there is a lot of "stuff" to occupy my time but I need to prioritize and do whats most important. You're doing a good job. I love your halloween pics! Your costume was cute. Very original! I love halloween.
WOW! So much has happened. I feel like we don't get to see each other anymore! I know we see each other every other week but it feels like forever. I'm sad that I didn't get to see the kids on halloween. Their costumes are too cute!!
Post a Comment