I love flickr. I heart flickr. Flickr is my friend.
I don't know how many of you follow us on our flickr page...if you don't, right now, at this particular moment, is not the best time to start. The reason being that there are no pictures on our page any more. If you don't believe me, go ahead and take a look...it's the link in on the left labeled "All of our pics on flickr." Go ahead. I'll wait.
[Insert elevator music here.]
See! I told you! Trust me I didn't enjoy doing this. I have wanted to re-vamp some of the pictures I've posted, but my intention at first was not to re-do everything. I have been thinking about online safety lately; especially my pictures posted on flickr.
I have taken measures to add copyright info, and restrictions to them, and granted there is also the data of the file that has my info & blah de blah...but that can't really stop someone from getting my pictures, from downloading them onto their computer, to adding them to some sort of publication or such. Now - don't get me wrong. I'm not really egotistical enough to think that anyone would find my pictures appealing enough to do this. This is more out of respect & to protect the people & places that I happen to shot. And, sadly enough, in this day & age you do need to be careful!
So I've been wondering lately how exactly I can do this. I've seen watermarks on pictures so I've asked around to a couple friends of mine on how this is done. A few of them informed me that I can insert my own watermark onto the pictures using photoshop. I am so excited! So I'm refining my method of adding a watermark to the pictures I want to add online, so that way the pictures have a mark that would further deter anyone from ripping off my pics! I just hope I'm successful.
So hold yer horses for a short time now! I should be able to get the hang of this fairly soon & will thereafter commence with posting away! I am so excited!
4 comments:
I think that's a good idea, is it very complicated? I thought about that to. I worries me a little. let me know how it goes.
How do you do that? In photoshop? I want to do that. =]
I want to do that as well is what I was trying to say in my last comment. It worries me too. I had some random preson comment on one of my photos. It was a good comment, but I had no clue how he found me or who he was. it was weird. So, let me know, how it goes!
Sorry for the late response...It has to be done with some type of photo editing software, and I have photoshop so I will be doing that to add a watermark.
The way my friend showed me how to do it, it looked easy. But he's an expert so who knows. I haven't quite gotten around to doing it to my pictures just yet. But I will let you guys know.
Shanna - there are a few restrictions you can monitor on your flickr account, that can/not allow others to blog your photos, print your photos, OR HIDE YOUR PHOTOS FROM PUBLIC SEARCHES (which is probably how that random person found your pic). Go into You, your account, the privacy & permissions.
Post a Comment